How a Thank-You Note Can Boost Your Job Chances
|June 28, 2012||Posted by admin under DECIDE - Negotiate/Followup|
How a Thank-You Note Can Boost Your Job Chances by Alison Green
Five common questions job seekers ask about sending a follow-up note.
If you’re like most job seekers, you know that you’re supposed to send a thank-you note after an interview, but you’re not quite sure what that note should say or what makes a good one. Here are the five most important things to know about how a post-interview thank-you note can increase your chances of getting the job:
1. What does sending a thank-you note achieve?
2. What should the note say?
3. Is it okay to send it through email?
4. How soon after your interview should you send the note?
5. Do employers really care about thank-you notes?